Carefully designed to be as light and packable as possible without sacrificing key elements required by alpinists and climbers, the Alpha SL delivers highly effective waterproof/breathable protection for sudden storms. By putting intense focus on design, fabric and feature selection, Arc’teryx designers held the weight at 305g (9.3 oz), and allowed the jacket to easily pack into its own hood or included stuff sack.
MOST PACKABLEAs weight and space are critical factors in the Alpha SL’s performance, the lightest and most packable GORE-TEX® fabric, N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with Paclite® product technology, is used. Waterproof and highly breathable, the fabric protects from the weather and offers a higher level of comfort during activity. As the Alpha SL is intended for periodic emergency use, a lighter less abrasion resistant face is used to eliminate weight and bulk. However, the fabric has a mini ripstop construction that provides added tear strength without impacting weight.
EVERYTHING ESSENTIALThe Alpha SL’s disciplined design is pared down to the essentials. The helmet compatible StormHood™ delivers full coverage with a secure fit that provides ergonomic performance and exceptional freedom of vision and Hemlock™ inserts help prevent the jacket from riding up under a harness. The Trim fit with motion friendly e3D patterning is designed for mobility, yet keeps the jacket close to the body to enhance breathability, reduce bulk and improve the line of sight towards a harness.
HELMET COMPATIBLE STORMHOOD™
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood cinch cords
- Tall collar for full coverage
HARNESS HEMLOCK™ INSERT
- Functional — keeps jacket in place when worn under a climbing harness
- WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather
- Zipper garages provide additional protection
- Durable and easy to use
ARC'TERYX FIT GUIDE - E3DErgonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning brings an additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion in our Trim, Athletic, and Expedition fit categories. The application of e3D patterning allows for enhanced mobility for sport-specific activities in challenging environments.
ARC'TERYX FIT GUIDE - TRIM FITThese trim fitting garments share motion-friendly traits with our Athletic fit, but are patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk. Our trim fit is sized for a base layer and a trim synthetic or down filled mid-layer To find out how to calculate your body measurements, view Arcteryx Sizing Charts: › Men's Tops | Men's Bottoms
ALPHAClimbing and alpinism focused pieces: harness compatible length and waistline; chest pockets accessible while wearing a pack or harness; maximum articulation for overhead motions; helmet compatible hoods; drop hem; highest possible durability-to-weight ratio; emphasis on lightweight materials.
SL | SUPER LIGHTUses the lightest weight materials available to provide high weather protection, performance and/or packability, but with the right amount of durability.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Compressible and packable
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Narrow GORE® seam tape
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated chin guard
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- WaterTight™ full length front zip
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Chest pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Includes stuff sack with webbing loop to clip to a harness
- N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
305 g / 10.8 oz
Trim fit, with e3D patterning, Hip Length
Arc'teryx Sizing Chart