- The helmet compatible Storm Hood™, drawcords and pit zippers all adjust with one hand and the removable HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position when worn underneath a climbing harness.
Respect the ClassicsThe Alpha SV is one the Arc'teryx Men's Jackets that first appeared in 1998 to address the needs of alpinists for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness. Hard-wearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV quickly became an iconic Arc'teryx piece and revolutionized the outdoor apparel industry.
Simply TechnicalSimple, sleek and stylish, the Alpha SV is also a technical beast. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs; helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face; removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness; WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
Supple, yet bulletproofManufactured with a new GORE-TEX® face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket retains its remarkable durability, yet is supple and quiet. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the textile is tightly woven to create a flat smooth face. Premium GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest degree of windproof, waterproof/breathable protection.
Room to ManeuverArc'teryx designs are functional, disciplined answers to unforgiving environments. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the landmark Alpha SV now has a reduced chest circumference and has been re-patterned for a closer fit, with more efficient arm movement.
- Highly durable
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible Storm Hood™
- Laminated chin guard
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture